SAVORY FRENCH TOAST
I just came up with this out of the blue. I wanted something savory for breakfast today… so yes, this red thing that is smeared is ketchup! And it is the proper and best partner for these savory french toasts. These absolutely smells and tastes like some sort of an Italian bread, but these are just french toasts that can be eaten any time you like… a form of a rebellious act really. :)
12 (3/4 inch thick) slices french bread or sourdough bread
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon no-salt garlic and herb seasoning or you can substitute garlic powder
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons chopped chives
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Except for the sliced bread, whisk all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet.
- Dip bread slices into the savory eggy mixture and brown in the skillet.
- Serve hot with a side of ketchup.
Makes 6 servings
- wechloed likes this
- awkwardpanini reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- abnormallyq likes this
- ourworldofchances likes this
- stillticksaway reblogged this from rrrowr and added:
- skincarecharlie likes this
- lunapics likes this
- mayorjack likes this
- rrrowr reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- supernopha reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- owlsinmotion likes this
- aperture24 likes this
- godofscrumprecipes posted this