SPICY TUNA AND POTATO FRITtATA
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large potatoes
(scrubbed, peeled, cut into medium dice, boiled in salted water until tender and drained)
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium size white onion, sliced thin
2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
1 large tomato, cut small dice
1/2 cup canned flaked spicy tuna
(or if you don’t like tuna, substitute with the same amount of either diced bacon or ham… if vegetarian, substitute with sliced button mushrooms or champinons)
1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, add EVOO and saute white onions until soft, then add the tomatoes and green onions, saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add the canned spicy tuna and saute for a minute with the aromatics.
4. Add the boiled and drained diced potatoes and toss with the sauteed tuna mixture.
5. Pour the prepared beaten eggs over the tuna and potatoes. Work your spatula along the side and center of the omelette/pan to evenly distribute the eggs and to evenly cook the frittata. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side or until you see that the eggs are almost set.
6. Get a plate larger than the size of the frittata. Slide the frittata onto the plate. Invert the skillet over the plate and turn plate upside down making the other side of the frittata fall back into the skillet.
7. Cook the other side for 3 minutes. Then transfer into a serving plate.
Serves 6 (1/6 portion per person)
- spammishrice reblogged this from appleye
- spammishrice likes this
- appleye reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- nakedchanyeol likes this
- onlyelysium likes this
- umamiflavors reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- projectilevomitingrainbows likes this
- supernopha reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- sugarfling likes this
- godofscrumprecipes posted this