CHILI TEX-MEX FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
I will always admit that I am not one of those purist foodies who only like salt and pepper to season and flavor their food… I like variation, I enjoy spices and spicy food, I love and go for kicks here and there… I love bold flavors! and nothing can be bolder than the spice rub mix I laboriously massaged these wings with! :)
I love the spices used in Mexican or even Tex-Mex cuisine… I absolutely love it! the predominant combination of chili powder, cumin and oregano is what makes these wings so characteristically Muy Sabroso Y Caliente!!! -jeannie :)
1 tablespoon coarse salt (not table salt)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
1 pound chicken wings
1 cup all-purpose flour
canola oil for deep frying
1. Combine and mix first 8 seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Marinade (about 15 mins.) chicken wings by tossing these in 3 tablespoons of the spice mix.
3. Place the flour in a ziploc bag. Then put marinated wings inside the bag and shake along with the flour to evenly coat the chicken.
4. Shake off excess flour from the coated wings. Heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
5. Fry chicken until golden brown.
Eat and Enjoy with coleslaw or a Cervesa… Or both! :)
- michaelkevinevans likes this
- ourworldofchances likes this
- googlespecial likes this
- f00dscapades reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- fartadefire reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- heheartrach reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes and added:
- stubbie likes this
- seagospels likes this
- yaminoyume reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- l4dyboner likes this
- yochiyochiahiru likes this
- godofscrumprecipes posted this