CHEWY CHERRY MACAROONS
This sweet cheery cherry chewy treat (Hah! now, isn’t this a mouthful to say?!) reminds me of Rudolf’s Red Nose! It’s one of the treats I made last Christmas. And although everything about these macaroons scream Christmasy, this drop cookie recipe can certainly always be baked all year round. -jeannie :)
6 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 large eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cherry extract
1 cup chopped Maraschino cherries
Preheat oven at 350’F
In a large mixing bowl, put the sweetened flaked coconut.
In another bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cherry extract. Once all ingredients are mixed well. Add the milk mixture into the flaked coconut. Then mix-in the chopped maraschino cherries.
Using a teaspoon, form small mounds/balls of the macaroon mixture and place each onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake in a 350’F preheated oven for 15 minutes or until top and bottom turned slightly golden brown.
Store macaroons flat separating each layer with parchment paper. Keep in an airtight container.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
- thephoenixrachelsummers likes this
- belovedlyredundant reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- belovedlyredundant likes this
- feedingelibelly reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- nudgenudgenudge likes this
- frankiemmmmk reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- frankiemmmmk likes this
- xombiegaga likes this
- amyyylam likes this
- sugarfling reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- sugarfling likes this
- godofscrumprecipes posted this