STIR-FRIED SRIRACHA SHRIMPS
Spicy with a hint of Asian barbecue.
1 pound medium-size shrimps (heads removed and peeled)
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 Jamaican long pepper, chopped fine
1. Marinate shrimps in sriracha, oyster sauce, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
2. Place wok or skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter then saute garlic until softened and fragrant (1 minute).
3. Add the Jamaican long pepper and green onion and saute aromatics for another minute.
4. Add the shrimps into the sauteed aromatics and toss or “stir-fry”. Cook for no longer than 2 minutes or until shrimps curl-up (shrimps can overcook in a matter of seconds).
5. Serve with steamed rice or toasted baguette slices.
Makes 2-3 servings