SPICED GINGER COOKIES
These Ginger Spiced Cookies are warmly spiced with a gentle but snappy flavor of ginger, the earthy sweetness of cinnamon and cloves and a hint of maple syrup which echoes all the spices.
These cookies are so perfect with a very cold glass of milk… You all know I always talk from my own experience! :)
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups margarine, softened
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup granulated sugar (to roll in/coat the cookie dough balls before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. In a medium bowl sift all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time then add the maple syrup.
- Stir in the flour mixture. Using a small ice cream scoop, shape dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place balls 3 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie/baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 45 (2 1/2-inch) cookies