Orange, Maple and Walnut Bread Pudding
8 slices Egg & Milk Loaf bread (can also use brioche), sliced into triangle halves
4 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup half and half (1:1 milk + cream)
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
zests of 1 orange
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup light brown sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to sprinkle over bread pudding before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Brush butter onto an oven/baking dish.
- Layer and overlap the bread slices in the buttered baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, sugar, half and half, melted butter, vanilla, orange zests, salt and walnuts.
- Pour the egg mixture over the arranged slices of bread in the baking dish. Let the bread soak up the egg mixture, about 30 minutes.
- Mix the light brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle the mixture over the unbaked bread pudding. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread pudding is puffed-up and golden.
- Serve warm.
Makes 5-6 servings
- appleye reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- itisatmoments likes this
- annabellee88 reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- cupkake924 likes this
- ermahgadmanboobs reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- ermahgadmanboobs likes this
- taryneanthony reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes and added:
- taryneanthony likes this
- michaelkevinevans likes this
- ourworldofchances likes this
- lb1007 likes this
- symmetryandstyle likes this
- phen82 reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- redwand reblogged this from godofscrumprecipes
- those-wastedhours likes this
- 49thparallelblueskitchen likes this
- isli likes this
- theycallmemaggie likes this
- la-chef likes this
- rainersteinke likes this
- pixandum likes this
- perditious likes this
- godofscrumprecipes posted this