CHEWY SOFT BATCH PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA COOKIES
This cookie recipe is somewhat an offspring of a moist banana bread and soft batch peanut butter cookies.
What makes these cookies soft and chewy are mashed bananas and oatmeal flour.
I am pretty proud of this recipe because these cookies turned out somewhat decadent (please do try and make it yourself, and you’ll see!) than I’ve anticipated.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup *oatmeal flour or ground oatmeal
*(using a food processor, grind 1 cup + 2 tablespoons rolled oats, this yields 1 cup oatmeal flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (if you want to use chunky pb, it’s absolutely fine)
2 cups soft brown sugar (not packed)
2 tablespoons mashed banana
1/4 teaspoon banana extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 350’F. Prepare and line cookie sheets with baking parchment paper.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, oatmeal flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, beat softened butter, peanut butter, soft brown sugar, mashed banana, banana extract, vanilla extract and eggs.
4. Combine and mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
5. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets and bake cookies for 12-13 minutes or until cookie edges becomes light golden brown.
6. Cool cookies in cookie sheets for 1 minute and transfer onto wire racks to cool.
7. Store in a flat airtight container. Lay cookies flat and separate each layer with baking parchment sheets/wax paper.
Makes 34-36 cookies