No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
400 g (2 tubs) cream cheese, softened
240 g sour cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 ml cream
2 envelopes unflavored gelatine, dissolved (bloomed in) + 1/4 cup cold water
juice of a quarter lemon
1 cup graham crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
*8 inch springform pan
1. Make the crust: Using a fork, mix crushed grahams, sugar and melted butter until the mixture resembles moist coarse sand. Press this crust mixture firmly into an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle unflavored gelatine powder over cold water, mix briefly and let the gelatine bloom (2 minutes). Place the cream into a small sauce pan over low heat, just enough to heat through but not boil or simmer. Add the bloomed gelatine and let it completely dissolve into the cream. Remove from heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, gently beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice, make sure to not create air bubbles in the mixture.
4. Combine the sour cream mixture and the cream-gelatine mixture by gentle whisking.
5. To make sure the cheesecake filling is smooth, pass the mixture into a strainer or a sieve as you pour it over the prepared crust.
6. Chill cheesecake for 8 hours or better overnight.
You can put any topping on this cheesecake because it is just really basic recipe, but here are my suggested toppings;
Berry coulis or just fruit purees (peach, mangoes, strawberries, etc)
Stewed or Caramelized pears or apples
Chocolate (melted, grated, chopped, shaved)
Caramel or Fudge Sauce
Make it into a Turtle Cheesecake (hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, coarsely chopped pecans, chopped milk chocolate bars)
Makes 8-10 servings