Peanut Butter - Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (can be creamy or chunky)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375’F. Beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the sugars, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour with a spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate pieces.
2. Scoop cookie dough with a medium size ice cream scooper. Space the cookies 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven about 10-12 mins. or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.
Makes about 2 dozens.
The Purpose of Cookies… according to a very wise Cookie Jar
1. Is to give you an excuse to put most of your favourite things to eat all in one mixing bowl and never be persecuted at all.
Just try showing someone how you can spoon away and finish a jar of peanut butter all by yourself… don’t you just look so endearing to them?
2. Is to teach you to be fair and balance. You shall not show any favouritism on any of your cookie dough scoops… And make sure each scoop has the same number of chocolate chips as the previous one.
3. Is to let you forget your old cheap tricks. And make you realize that cookies are much more favourable bribe (than soap or beanie babies) to get you out of those sticky situations with your mailman, teacher and your neighbour’s Pittbull.
You : YOU LIKE ME!…. YOU REALLY LIKE ME!
Cookie : Back at you, munchy cheeks! [smiley face]