Cappucino White Rum Mudshake
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons sugar (or Splenda)
pinch of cinnamon powder
1/4 cup hot water (freshly boiled)
1 cup milk (cold)
2 shots of cappuccino flavoured white rum
(or your favourite coffee liqueurs such as Kahlua,Tia Maria, Sheridan’s, or white rum, coffee flavoured brandy or vodka if you prefer)
dollop of sweetened whipped cream
whole coffee beans for garnish
- Stir first 5 ingredients together.
- Add milk and cappuccino flavoured white rum.
- Chill well and fast inside the freezer.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, then before drinking, mix in the cream with a dainty slim straw and sip.
FRUIT AND NUT BISCOTTI
For the coffee and cookie lovers!
1 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
1 cup sultanas (golden raisins)
1 cup chopped dates
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 egg (beaten for eggwash)
Preheat oven at 350’F
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine chopped hazelnuts, sultanas and chopped dates. Set aside.
2. In another medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer (medium to high speed) or wire whip until light. Add sugar while continuously beating. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating with each addition. And finally add the vanilla and almond extract.
4. Using a large spatula or wooden spoon incorporate the flour mixture into the butter-egg mixture .
5. Stir in the fruit and nut mixture into the cookie dough.
6. Line a cookie sheet with baking parchment. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a 12-inch-long log about 1 1/2 inches thick. Place logs 3 inches apart on the cookie sheet. flatten each log into a 3/4 inch thick loaf.
7. Using a pastry brush, brush eggwash all over the loaves.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until light brown. Cool loaves on wire rack until completely cool.
9. When loaves are cool, preheat oven to 325’F. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally in 1/2 inch slices. Lay slices on cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes on one side, turn slices over and bake for another 5 minutes or until Biscotti are dry and crisp.Transfer to wire racks to cool.
10. Store Biscotti in an airtight container. Grab a slice when it is coffee time… dunk into the coffee and much away!
Makes about 48 slices.