These lemony and buttery cookies are light and luxuriously melts in the mouth because of cornstarch. I find these absolutely delightful munched and chased with a cup of tea, or made into a cookie sherbet sandwich for a cool summer sweet snack. :)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered/confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup softened butter
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350’F. In a large bowl, sift together; flour, confectioner’s sugar and cornstarch.
2. Using a spatula, fold in softened butter into the flour mixture.
3. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and egg yolk and continue to gently stir all ingredients until mixture resembles a soft and thick batter.
4. Line cookie sheets with baking parchment. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop cookie batter 2 inches apart onto the lined cookie sheets.
5. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
6. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed or parchment paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for 3 days. Or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Makes 24 cookies.